Tuesday, May 8, 2007

wherein I say this

What I can tell you is that I pretty much quit for 7 years. Despite this period of self-imposed exile, I think I've improved, tangibly. At least in my mental and physical approach. Or at least my potential for improvement has expanded. If that makes sense.

Chief among my problems in the tailspin period -- back when I was playing, the first time -- was that I was terminally under-rehearsed, not to mention broke and addled. Somewhere along the way I forgot that practice is the soul of it all, the big wheel at the center that makes it all go.

Or maybe I just failed to learn that particular lesson all the way. Nothing could be more true.

In my head, now, it all starts to get a bit involved. But that really doesn't matter. Remember the little stories I was writing over at the other blog about the Magic Guitar Player and all that bullshit? That's all very telling.