Wednesday, October 30, 2002

2 TVs

thank the peaceful

quiet



girl and dog

resting quietly

upon cushions

in the top rooms



me here

under lights

in the cellar pit



hum of CPU

one TV down here

mutely plays



world's going to Hell

any clarity of mind

must be precious

reckoning



renegade markings

of dust covered insanity

fueling vision



of innumerable

invisible mannequins

sequestered here



8 feet under

the earth

with me



in this carpeted clearing

a drywall abode

cool and dry



as these glass beings

these mannequins



plainly bearing

their enigmatic stripes

of madness, of forgiveness



attendant only

upon my need

to discern



now I hear

orchestral movie music

in the stairwell



another horrible TV show

loudly playing out

where my sleeping girl rests



pausing in typing

I turn emptily

to the mute TV



but there's still

some substance

even horrible TV shows



can't quite quell:

down here,

these implacable figures



do not care