Tuesday, October 29, 2002

two TVs

(rev. 3)



thank the peaceful

quiet



girl and dog

resting quietly

upon cushions

in the top rooms



me here

under lights

in the cellar pit



hum of CPU

TV mutely plays



the world's going to Hell



any clarity of mind

is precious reckoning



renegade markings

of dust covered insanity

fuel the vision

of innumerable mannequins

invisibly sequestered

8 feet under

the earth

here with me



this carpeted clearing

drywall abode

cool and dry

as these

glass beings



plainly bearing

enigmatic

stripes



attendant only

upon my need

to discern



orchestral movie music

in

the stairwell



a horrible TV show

playing out

where my sleeping girl rests



the dog's not barking now

he's hushed for a while



he wouldn't settle

down tonight

nor do I want to



pausing in typing

I turn emptily

to the mute TV



yet here is some substance

even horrible TV shows

can't quite quell



these mannequins

implacable

do not care