Friday, September 26, 2003

I am sicker than shit.

I sound like that Sling Blade character.

The cough is dry and hurts.

Funny thing is, it's not too bad.

This I attribute to my quitting, entirely quitting, religiously quitting

smoking cigarettes just under 5 months ago.

The cold I have now is the one that, for smokers, indicates

the inception of seasonal chronic bronchitis.

As it is now, it sucks and it hurts, but it's not torture.

To think: when I was smoking, I actually used to smoke

through this kind of cold.

Inconceivable. Not really, but you know what I mean.



To boot,

I was trying to fix

something fast

in the basement

2 nights ago

before something else

started pumping soapy water all over the floor

and I had my (dull) jackknife out

trying to cut this cord fast fast

and the knife slipped and I ended up JABBING it

HARD into my left wrist

I almost hit one of the more visible veins, this one can see,

but the wound hardly bled. I think I knicked a tendon however

as my wrist is totally stiff and it hurts to curl that index finger.



Both of these things coupled with the fact that I had to make a critical run

to our town's dump or else tempt another bad situation, the one that arises from letting

house and pet debris accumulate and stew



led me to take the day off yesterday.



I went to the library though. That was a plus.



And the Red Sox clinched the Wild Card last night.

That is a major plus. I watched the whole game and post game

revelry from out of a deep Nyquil funk, and that was a plus.



I'm only here now to display my sickness to co-workers.

Keeping it real. I'll be out of here I hope by lunch.

And that will be another major plus.



Only reason for this entry is to have something to replace that

idiotic last entry with.



Oh shit, I forgot to tell the ironic part about the moment right before my physical health

went to minor shit,



but, too late now. It was boring



anyway