Tuesday, September 23, 2003

work sucks



fuck man how come

I can't get into this mode

where I'm up all night



maybe gee I guess

if I eschew drink

when the evening is young



attention high school

kids: go to college,

or else work on lawns.



or the road crew.

that might sound cool

now, but trust me it isn't.



all H.R. sanctioned

positions engender

the potential for hate,



however,



you want to be inside

cat-like in your cynicism

while eating bandwidth



like it's a personal means.

maybe it's luck keeps

you off the lawns and the roads



and maybe it ain't.



fuck it,

whatever makes you happy

you dumb little hooligans,



I couldn't care

less,

get back to your bullshit.



now, back to my original

thesis, why can't I get all into the ur-

Kafka modality of being up all night



with my head on fire?



because, barring that

activity,



I'm just another shlub in khakis



and a polo shirt



dreaming

of weed no of funds no



of