Friday, April 2, 2004

man ray



a loud city limber dust not mine in dream upon her Orangina spine

25 years old. beer of taxation. thought: should have come there -



fog this morning. Heavy white fog clouds the stone drive

by the hospital.



Who can train these particles of impossibilty. I can



salt the beer and sluice it down onto the drill,

past it, wet the new board and work the bit, one bit of discernment.



remember when these pay phones were essential, now they signal portals of defeat. human. portents. spare a nickel,



can you spare a dime. all the common currency is now obsolete. Symbols of some other life. fuck. die



the inescapable image: me drunk and leaning into a pay phone at Union Square that June

waiting for you for you to come then by the subway I said if I follow you home



will you call the cops on me? should of gone now I



won't go back. don't

get killed off. hope

not, wait and



see