Thursday, April 5, 2007

the target

sad desolate too aware a prisoner at the bar on his cellphone at the bar calling anyone he ever knew no one's home no one's home I'm an actor you know and my speciality is actin stupid playin the fool but I got money dredged out of our joint account well fuck her she threw me out let her figure about the rent they say there's a river to the East I wonder what it's like at the bottom feeding him drinks as long as he can pay the million light year eyes osciallating slow and inevitable toward the blackout maybe the last blackout what has always saved him and may save him yet one last time is he's a handsome devil and he knows it. hey. who's this cat at the bar with the slicked back hair and the tatted forearms. Name's Legere, he drawls. Buy you a drink, pardner? Slicked hair turns to him.