Wednesday, August 20, 2008

dispersion blues

G7
down with the Obvious City blues again
down with the Onerous City blues again
I'm gonna have my drink and pretend that time's my friend
but I'm down with the OH NO City blues again

The fool aint always funny
But he's always bleeding money

I'm down with the Shiftless City blues again

Or I'm down with the Piscataqua River blues again
I'm gonna cross the bridge and check in to the Days Inn
Take my bag of drugs and my beer and lock myself in
And write an epic poem about how I lost my sweet friend

Swing low by the Lamprey River
I gave her all that I could give her

Now I'm down in the Long Lost City blues

E7
What's so great about the city?
You can lose your mind there.
Waste a lot of time there.
Fall victim to a crime there.
Or commit a crime and erase your breaking heart
(That's what the looney bin is for)

Lead me to the room,
I'll sing Rip Reins' Ode again
I've got my pack of Marlboro Reds
Let the song begin
In 14 days they will turn me loose in the rain
I'll stumble underground and sleep down by the train

The fool aint always funny
Jangle my cup for money

I'm down with the Risperidone City blues again