Monday, August 18, 2008

Rip Reins' Ode

1. the news ticker is in the seam of the sealing orange intestines unfurling beneath by eyes it says
she is you but you aren't one of us it says boom
cold linoleum boom I guess I'll get up and do 27 pushups boom
it is dark and scary in this half lit room like when I was 2 and peed boom
I walk into the hall and there lies a body on a gurdy beneath a sheet boom
did I kill it or have I been killed
boom

2. in my Reporters' Notebook I write a fable to the traditional woods

3. the tracksuit lady one of them says to her clone he won't stay in bed
we'll give him something to fix that
they lead me back to bed and boom goes the needle in my arm
and boom so this is what it is
to be put down like
a horse

4. I awake 3 days later. they put me in a room with Marlboro Lights
and an alcoholic
it gonna be
a
long
winter