Monday, April 14, 2003

Adrift in my clouded thoughts there in the cafeteria of foolishness,

I summarily decided to will myself into a translucent ghostly state,

and not to care. There was Van Gogh, swiping everyone's meal cards

at the entrance, his mouth a splintered bloody morass, one eye missing.

There was Goya behind the steam table, serving up dumplings of shrunken

human heads basted in intenstinal sauce with earwax and cornea reduction.

There also toiled a pale Galilean dressed in white orderlies, pushing a grey

Rubbermaid trash bin. The orgiasts and revelers throwing trash and worse

at him while making their imperious demands. They, my fellow citizens,

were all naked and fucking each other everywhere around me, frolicking

on the carpets, recumbent upon the long wooden tables,

humping in the deep set marble window casements, fucking

in the kitchen upon the food prep tables, the butcher blocks, jovial

and laughing and making expansive gestures and broad exclamations

of crude praise. Snorting, snuffling, grunting, sporting their digital

cameras and camcorders. Captured images of themselves engaged

in all the acts were beamed live out via satellite feed into the most fly invested,

sweltering, moaning hovels of the most ragged, starving people on the planet.

First 5 minutes free, $4.95 a minute thereafter. T.V.s provided courtesy

of the Red Cross and the Christian Children's Fund.Diners' Club

accounts for the poor and starving were to be created at a later date

and billed retroactively at an APR not to exceed 22.5 percent.*



I was adrift there in the cafeteria of foolishness, and my thoughts were cloudy.

I summarily decided to will myself into a translucent ghostly state, and not to care.



* Conditions apply.