Tuesday, January 24, 2006

I said what do you think of that waiter blog

then we were on the side of the river where poor folks live
there was an 8 year old girl in a lot of trouble
but she was smarter than her nightmare
and was bound to prevail

(with the Aliens from outer space)

we boarded a skiff and crossed the river
treacherous river but we made it to the quay
in our hometown which had changed.
yep, I said, that's where the 7 Eleven used to be

and over there, the bank. you expressed some
dismay as we mounted the hill to the (chain)
Mexican restaurant. We were seated in a kind of
ante room, with a large window, overlooking

the cramped neighborhoods and the four-lane
high speed drag of more poor folk. I guess your
wife was there too. She was bored. You ordered
an exotic Merlot about which I thought to chance

a joke but didn't. I asked if they had Dos Equis\
regular on draught and (in this world) they did. Of course
they did, it was my world