Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Simple Simon





Verses:

I've got a crazy partner
I should not pretend that I do not know
He's got a crazy heart
And he's killing me behind the door

And I'm in no position
To pretend that I do not know
He is not forgiven; if he says he is
Then it's all a show

Man. I've got a creepy feeling
He's got an appetite I do not know
He's gone voracious starkers
And the only thing he wants is more

And there is no derision
That could knock him from the high he's on
He's says he's gonna mainline freely
That he's tired of laying low

He's says there'll be no division
Let my dendrites be tenterhooks
I keep a noble fire
Like that one from so long ago


Chorus:

Simple Simon understands:
Childhood's a broken teacup.
Simple Simon understands:
What you do. Life is like a racetrack


Middle:

You say you can't understand
Why I would live my life that way
With hair and clothes of a transient
That I could never make that pay

I could never be the architect
I could never understand the plan
But I don't want to have an argument
I don't want to call down your wrath


Last words:

So I proselytized on the bus.
Everything I got, everything I got.