Sunday, November 1, 2009

new day

the world is full of sin and mordant depravity.
and human beings are ludicrous apes. now
this is the first thing you say upon waking.
and you know it not to be true. what is true?
true means level. you say a beam is true,
or a cut, or person. you say they are true blue

now you want to go walking outside and there are leaves
on the ground and they are many as the people are many
they plummet, twirl and cluster as do the people?
what a shitty metaphor. well, you try. but have you been?
I am now. Oh I surely am now. but you know what that Great
Man said about trying

the morning is full of light of one kind or another. I say now
that there is no sinister light, not the moon certainly, I don't know
maybe if you were looking down into a volcano
perched on the rim like a carapace
or I guess I mean parapet
but carapace is interesting,
interesting that that would have occured to me to say
because I think I have none

well this is all but for dithering

but. here is an idea: