Monday, April 5, 2010

West Hill Blues




1. Hawley West Hill Blues (Orig. - rough demo)

I been thinking back to the time of us
What we could not have; I was so lost
Want to see you on Sunday up the hill at
Stump Sprouts. Wear your red dress,

Your wedding best. At your mother's house
cats were sprawled on the floor.
Ripple leaves, and whisper
Summer night on the screen door

I nearly lost my mind in a Georgia jail
That was my payback for treating you like Hell

Please don't be sad...
The gods are only teasing.
Nothing is hard
Everything's easy

Woke up Thanksgiving Day
Hit the road with my Gibson
Got bounced out of an Exxon
And started up Rt. 91

Walkin' close to the guardrail
Schizophrenia in shattered glass
I threw away my coat
I threw away my ax

Saw a woman in a black gown
Crept low in the grass
Cops got me next exit,
Overdosed on the past...


2. The Wreck Of The Edmund Fitzgerald (Gordon Lightfoot)


Need more harmonicas. Need more electric guitar. Need more sunlight. Need more air