Sunday, April 18, 2010

aura lee



Self with Flower and Ghost of The Blues (Mott Cromby)



1. In a ghostly kitchen, swathed in gauzy blue. Yet a yellow star still shines in the window. Looking out over the land. The blanket of the earth, viewed from on high. Yeh. You got at least that right. You got that right. The time to get alone is long overdue. What you have to do is just try not to be a fool. Just going away. Don't even know how. Yeah, why you wanted love, is the best to sure. I want to be in woods with you. I keep going, keep my vest close to my truck, to my truck. I got sidetracked from the road. Went down a path that looked alright. But I've always been comfortable, walking, on the road. And it keeps calling. Keeps calling me back. And I have to go.

2. No Woman, No Cry (Bob Marley)

3. How Come? (Mat Beaumains)

Scriptural process leads to functional abnormality
Scriptural process breeds functional abnormality

Scriptural process
Functional abnormality
Spurious juvenalia
Wanton ambition
Wandering contrition

I followed you down
I followed you down

To the ledge at the culvert

And your eyes said,
No, they pleaded,
How come?

If you want me to
I'll always be there
for you

Oh, why not?
My headscanner says
We're broken down here and
seems safe to say. And see,
anyway, all I want to do is work.

All I want to do is work.

Misty, kind of cold
I follow you down
And you let me in slow

Then we're rolling
Like the breeze

Consecrated
Like all lunatics and theives.