Thursday, April 8, 2010

the trade





1. Hawley West Hill Blues (2; w/ middle break; Beaumains) / RITFW Reprise (:40; N. Young)

Still fails to bring it all the way home but much closer now to how it's supposed to be, with maracas and harmonica. This song is more than 10 years old. Sorry to say. The title is new.

Middle:

Em - C - D

Later on in the jail cell
I reached the edge and ambled off

Wept and screamed for the CC camera
And I would not stop

So when the cops had had enough
They strapped me down in this chair

Said, "You are not Jesus, kid.
No. We do not care!"

I said, "I am The War Prophet.
I lay exposed to the sky

like blood lilies in a graveyard."
And it turns out I was right.




Extemporaneous Song Fragments




2. Olly Olly Oxen Free (Beaumains)

The kids used to say, "Olly olly oxen free!"
But we're not kids.



3. Wayne, I Like The Cut Of Your Jib (Beaumains)

E - Bflat

Wayne, I like the cut of your jib.
I've never had a more fortunate beer.




4. I Told You (Beaumains)

G

I told you a long time ago what I would do.