Saturday, February 22, 2003

dog eye



back in the times

of unprecedented

growth and prosperity



tired melodies

peeling off me

played counterpoint



to a lone,

grey, leathery

reptilian dog creature



eating its mustard

guts out,

chewing them



way up there



in the green methane

dawn on the white

dust shoals



of Venus



what can you do?

yes, the bar, sweet harmonious

amber beer



but after that?



March just turning

the corner, the park ground

a sponge,



not cool for sleeping -



and suppose

one of these thin chicks

around here has kids? Then?





I should be hidden



I did go hide.



Called my good buddy,

Wyatt,

the one who'd jammed me,



god damn bag of

organic slug toenails,

opium lips



...okay, Wy, I did it...



...yeah?...yeah, me and Hofer...last night

yeah, we felt the same way...



Not too long after

I had my weird dream

of the future



the sort that came true



though later I realized

how all twines together:

drugs, times, smokes, needs, her, you, them



still,



those days then

were dark

incandescent magnetism,



had me feeling

pure

as animals



as they still do



here,



under idiot

cubicle



jurisdiction