Friday, February 14, 2003

Intercalary entry:



What's strange is, when you're snoring you can't hear it. You can't even feel it.



Evidently I was snoring this morning and J. woke me up, shusshing me, because she'd heard someone go racing by on the highway that runs behind our house, screaming No, oh my God No! Stop! Oh my God! No! No!



J. was pretty alarmed. The temperature these days north of Boston has been below zero, so for someone to be screaming out the window of a fast moving car, you know, they must be crazy, scared, drunk, or all 3.



J. wondered if she should call the cops but didn't as there was no further commotion. Plus, it would've been hard to determine where the hysteria car ultimately rolled off to.



I fell back to sleep and made a conscious note in my subconscious not to snore.



Things in this country are getting more bizzare and alarming by the day. I'm glad I don't live in a huge city anymore.



I wish I had some humor, some of the old happy irreverent crappy to post, but I don't. But I guess I'll stay in intercalary mode today, and maybe get back to some blog poems tonight.



Btw, I don't know if anyone is reading much, but is anyone reading the links I'm embedding in some of these poems? Is anyone getting the idea I'm trying to translate of having the links act as a sort of intellectual counterpoint to the emotion I'm trying to contain in the verses? All suggestions are welcome.



One thing I'll do eventually is move away from blogger and get a real Website. I'd like to post images and sound files eventually...Broadband, I hear you calling me...