Saturday, January 3, 2004

Stump Sprouts



verse 1



I been thinking back

To the time of us

what we did not have

I was so lost



I want to see you on Sunday

At that place Stump Sprouts

Wear your red dress

Your wedding best



verse 2



In your mother's house

Jars lined up on the floor

Ripple leaves and whisper

Summer night on the screen door



I nearly lost my mind

in a Georgia jail

That was my payback

For giving you my hell



bridge

Please don't be sad

God's only teasing

Nothing is hard

Everything's easy



verse 3



I woke up Thanksgiving Day

Hit the road with my Gibson

Got thrown out of an Exxon

Started up Route 70



walking next to the guardrail

schizophrenia, shattered glass

I threw away my coat

I threw away my ax



verse 4

Saw a woman in a black gown

Fetal shoes in the grass

Cops got me next exit

Overdosed on the past



Later on in the jail cell

I reached my edge and ambled off



Till they strapped me in a chair and the cop dude yelled I don't care if you think you are Jesus shut the fuck up or I'll have this big hillbilly bastard fuck you up and good. With his broom handle plus your lower intestine accessed through your cornhole. you piscses yankee bitch. ok that was never said