Sunday, February 15, 2004

I give you that



A canister or a balustrade or the text learned from ages

of being afraid I think we are closer to our native seeds than thought

friends thought once thought



I walked through some residual deja vu tonight, not for nothing. it's nothing

upon nothing to maybe move you or move me nothing moves me tonight but desire to see

my own come on the page that's head come, come



only no one can give me. and not even that. so often we reach

for sexual metaphors in absence of uh yeah but fuck it, been drinking steady tonight

like a pro and I find that, sure, resumption of smoking give a man more stamina



in matters of sack both drinking and dribbled; my girl's a good and a fine ass, leg, lip:

but I don't think she knows what I have to offer tonight. and I ain't wakin her up.

I'm going ice fishing tomorra A.M. and plunge my auger in ice



and there's no frustration here much, physical or meta-, that a Bloody Mary

two bong hits and friendship can't cure. this is how we do

here in the state of New Hampshire. And rarely advertised



thus. my guts full of Pandora I can only express rare and dread is

the thing I beat off. Fuck. Would have been better tonight to get into some

other head than mine. I got no tales of present intrigue. Don't want any.



Want to conflate. Want to tell you something you'd rather not believe

but have to. Or maybe I should just give every gory detail of every fuck

ever had and every fucked up time ever had. But no because then I'll start



wanting more. Hence this butt in this bloody hand and all of you who feel me

or who've ever felt or are so inclined toward such as one and etc.

know this: I was and am the best blues guitar player you'll never hear:



Long ago one sweet Liz lied abed it was Sat. morning and we'd just come together.

Click and Clack were on the radio. I plugged in my gray Strat

and played a few licks. She said, I love that, when you get that bad-ass look



on your face. You are a bad-ass,

aren't you? I said, I think

I might be a better guitar player than Eric Clapton.



She said,

well, let's not go

overboard.