Wednesday, November 19, 2003

Manhattan Ave. is a motherfucker but India St. is a song



in the dream everything you do on that certain day and it may be Thursday

you write down right away on the blog

and by everything, you mean specifically 4 things

and one of them involves sex



I kept trying to get you to combine all 4 into one that involved me

but it was a no go and there were two of me there on opposite sides of the street

one per sidewalk

I was waiting for you in front of the Polish restaurant you lived above and you were to come downstairs

and I was across the street lurking in front of the electronics shop in front of an oily parking space



the me in front of the Polish restaurant was cloaked in black and looked like nothing so much as a black

German shepherd. You emerged from the door left of the Polish diner and you were wearing a red and black plaid

skirt stopping just above the knees and black tights and boots and heavy black fisherman's sweater and a red winter beret that perhaps could look good only on you and your waist I could tell was slim and your thighs slightly thick



the me across the street hungered after you knowing your love was for women only and unreachable



but the black German Shepherd me grinned noncommital and was thinking of the conversation we were about to have over sausage coffee and blintzes



and the smoking later, black German Shepherd thinks about the way the light gold & low and cold, November, 3:30 dusk, may it fire some mystic amber in your hair like another smart girl long ago another November in Indiana and on a rooftop



the me across the street has just been heckled by some ghetto youth they seem to sense his want



but black German Shepherd is beyond wanting and for that reason he is the one whose contrast you will have cause to ponder against the pale skin of your navel, at least



this is how it goes in the mind of me across the street as he skulks off half hard to the Check Cashing place, fucking usury, cashes his $35 gratuity from a half day job quit and humps it down to Galapagos which is same as it always was,



no hope and 4 beers till broke then walk back

in damp

toward self that is but not

yet I am glad

black German Shepherd and I fuck

your woman's loins so



deeply